There was an error in this gadget

Sunday, 11 May 2014

Day 19 - Saturday 10th of May

Today is day 19 of my blog (Saturday 19th May)

A few days ago, I was listening to the radio and one of the songs they played, which wasn't really a song, was this really influential poem called look up. It's about how today society relies so much on our digital devices, how we think we're being so social on websites and apps, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, that we don't realise that in fact, we are actually being even more anti-social. It's about putting down your phone, or iPad, or whatever digital device you have, and going out into the world, talk to people, interact with one another. This poem really inspired me, so today, I used the least amount of technology I could. I didn't bring my phone to Chinese class, I didn't use the computer or turn on the T.V. when I got home, and I didn't even go on the iPad. Instead I found other means of entertainment, such as reading books, reading the newspaper and talking. It wasn't too difficult because my dad's side of the family came over for dinner, and I just talked to them, though, the T.V. did come one when they wanted to watch "The Voice Australia".

What I did: I used the least amount of technology as I could, whether it be T.V., computer, or iPad.

Result: Again, this task won't have a very large result at the moment, because it's just one day out of thirty-one days.

Reflection: I felt good about what I did today. This is because I didn't use much time on electrical devices. I hope that this has an impact on our electricity bill this month. I found this task today quite difficult because I rely on my phone, the T.V. and the iPad a lot for entertainment and for work.




No comments:

Post a Comment