There was an error in this gadget

Thursday, 8 May 2014

Day 17 - Thursday 8th of May

Today is day 17 (Thursday 8th May)

Today in hard materials I was looking through my reflection sheet, when I noticed that on one lesson we watched a video and learnt about water shortages in Africa. We learn't that there was this woman in New York, who created the water wheel, so that the burden of getting water was a lot easier for woman. Reading about all of that, it made me realise just how hard water conservation is. I thought that I would try to put myself in their shoes, and conserve water as much as I could. Whether it be, taking shorter showers or turning the tap off when brushing my teeth, I did whatever I could. 

What I did: Today for my task I decided to conserve water in any way I could. I took a shorter shower and only used water when I really needed it.

Result: I think that the result probably wasn't very big today because I am only doing a small thing, but, essentially that is what this unit is about. I hope that the water bill isn't as large as usual this month.

Reflection: I felt good about what I did today. This is because I didn't use much water, which is really good. Hopefully there will be a difference. I took a look at some water saving websites and found some tips on saving water. I found water conserving a little hard because nowadays, society takes water for granted. I really hope that if I keep conserving water, the bill will change by a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment